Sunday, July 5, 2009

Why?

I suppose I was a bit over zealous yesterday, haphazardly jumping into the concept of creation. Even though I am at this point still writing it to myself, I think it would be best if I gave my rational for a blog about existence on a philosophical level rather than the very common personal level. List Time!
1. I feel as though the life I live in is boring. I live out my days in suburbia as the stereotypical middle class white americas do. I do the normal things as I go about my day; I have no secret identity, odd hobby of intense interest, or perilous situations to contend with. I suppose I should not complain about my mundane life as it is a relative safety zone. I have no immediate danger or constant fear for my life or nor do I want for any of the basic necessities. Yet this is what makes my life relatively boring, so when thinking up ideas for a blog that one seemed so boring even I wouldn't want to read it.
2. Philosophy has always been of an interest to me. Ever since I was a child philosophy has always sparked a primal feeling of curiosity. Maybe it was my internally turbulent childhood or just the fact I simply had a knack for it, I cannot know but suffice to say I have always been interested.
3. Philosophy is one of the most important things in life. I suppose that is the most subjective statement I could ever make but to me anyway philosophy and existence are the root to which all of our morals and guidelines are founded. The point of existence and the how and who are questions that have very strong implication as I laid out in my last post.
There are more reasons but I think that is enough for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment